The on-going Endsars protest has given birth to SWAT a new born police unit but is being rejected by the protesters as they embarked on another protest at Tollgate in Lagos demanding for the cancellation of the new born unit.
Endsars protest which started recently has gained international attention and has been a platform for Nigerian youths to request for good governance, although the protest has taken some Nigerian lives such as Jimoh Isiaq and moee while some are brutalized by the Nigerian Police and Army.
Earlier today,the reactions from Nigerians forced Nigerian Police to releasing the duty and mandate of the new tactical team today which comes out in two part duly signed by Deputy Commissioner of Police, Frank Mba, force P.r.o.
The new tactical team mandate is stated below;
1. No personnel of the defunct SARS will be selected to be part of the new tactical team.
2. Operatives of the new tactical team will be strictly intelligence-driven.
3. Members of the new tactical team will by no means embark on routine patrols.
4. Members of the new tactical team are barred from indiscriminate and unlawful search of phones, laptop and other smart devices.
5. Operatives of the new tactical team must be free from any pending disciplinary matter especially those touching on misuse of firearms and abuse of human rights.
1. Response to robbery attacks
2. Response to scenes of weapon-related
3. Rescue operations
4. Special operations involving high profile criminals.
Despite the security agency’s effort assuring credibility and transparency, Nigerian youths still find it difficult to believe as they all intend to protest in Lagos, Akure and some other States in Nigeria. Information reaching empiregist is that mothers now intend to embark on peaceful protest by October 17 this year at national stadium surulere Lagos as their place of convergence.